Thursday, November 12, 2009

Treadmills, Food Diarys......Uugh!!

So does anyone watch The Biggest Loser (TBL)? I do and I love watching but thinking, "I don't think I could do what these people are doing. They work their *** off." Since it started, my daughter Crystal, who is the oldest and lives the farthest away, decided that I should walk on the treadmill while watching TBL. They do this at her gym so she thought that would be a good thing for me. I actually agree that it is a good idea, I guess. Just about everyday now I get a text asking if I got my walk in. (I don't think she realizes TBL is on only once a week at my house.) But oh well. I will try and get 3-4 days of good walking/running on the treadmill.

Food Diary....Now my coach, Crystal, has me filling out a food diary. This is a hard thing to do also. I tried to avoid this for as long as possible, but I finally caved. Everything....has to be written down. I don't really like what I write down. I actually enter everything in a website called dailyplate.livestrong.com. This website figures the calorie intake for each item. My choices of food are not always very healthy and seems to be alot of junk like cookies, rolls, pop, crackers, sunflower kernels...whatever goes in your mouth. But I do eat some healthy food. I like lettuce, fruit, vegetables and yogurt. I am only on my 2nd day of the Food Diary so wish me luck cuz I am going to need it.

But I must say, Thank you to my coach for caring enough to encourage me to get started on the road to becoming healthier (skinnier).

2 comments:

  1. My treadmill is just collecting dust right now!

    Food Diary....hmmmm...that might be a little tough to do but I should really enter it in that website and see how many bad choices I do make in a day of eating!

    Go Coach Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! It does take a bit of work in the beginning but once you figure out what you're eating, it makes it easier to make better choices.

    Yeah for eating better and exercising!!

    ReplyDelete