Monday, November 23, 2009

Weight Management???

I am not sure what weight management is but I do know it is hard to manage your weight. So far I am not doing a great job. As of this week I need to refocus and start writing down foods again. I was good for a week and then, bam, I seem to have forgotten about it or had some excuse for not doing it.....But I did get my walk/run in a couple of times.

Part of watching my weight contains drinking a Soy Cinch Shake Mix from Shaklee most mornings. It is a complete meal with 24 grams of protein so it fills me up and gives me some energy. Drinking the cinch helps me preserve what little good lean muscle I do have because Cinch is a Pro leucine-enhanced protein blend. Meaning, the leucine in Cinch helps preserve the muscle that you have and will also rebuild your muscle instead of losing muscle as many people do when they diet. Cinch comes in 4 flavors, Vanilla (tastes like Angel Food Cake), Chocolate, Cafe Latte (my favorite mixed with Choc.) and Strawberry.

The Cinch Shake Mix benefits are:
  • 24 grams of protein when prepared as directed
  • Powered by Leucine
  • 35% of the Daily Value for 21 vitamins and minerals
  • 6 grams of dietary fiber
  • Low glycemic index
  • Lactose free
  • Non-GMO soy protein
  • Gluten free
  • No artificial flavors, colors or sweetener

Shaklee also has a Cinch Shake Mix - which is a Whey Protein Blend - Nonsoy Formula.

Shaklee recommends as part of their weight management program to drink the Shake Mix two times a day. As of right now I can't seem to commit drinking my meals twice a day. I do like to chew my food. But there are some other products that you can chew on to go along with this weight program. I will talk about those products another time. As for now, I will continue to drink one shake a day and continue my walk/run 3-4 times a week and try to get some sort of consistency going first. Oh and yes, write down my food also.

No comments:

Post a Comment