Sunday, January 24, 2010

Soy...Good for you?

Well, hello. I haven't been here for awhile so I guess it is time to re-focus on my blog again. A big part of getting healthy in this new and upcoming year is still about losing weight. I am also trying to incorporate some healthy eating habits which can be very trying at times. I love to snack and I don't love to excercise.

One of the healthier habits is adding more soy to the everyday diet. I am adding a link from a website I found about soy and how good it is for you. http://soynutrition.com/AboutSoy/FAQsAboutSoy.html?gclid=CJDKr8KcvZ8CFdx05QoddzLazg This website seems to have some good information about Soy.

Shaklee has an Energizing Soy Protein that is a low-fat, non-GMO protein that contains all nine essential amino acids. It also gives you 14 grams of heart-healthy soy protein per serving. Protein will also give you long-lasting energy. Protein is an essential building block for health, critical for muscle retention, tissue repair, healthy blood formation, immunity, and virtually every other function in the body. Shaklee protein is gluten free. and it comes in a Natural Vanilla Flavor and a Creamy Cocoa Flavor. I prefer the Creamy Cocoa. What I have noticed the most when I take the soy on a regular basis, is my mind seems to be less foggy. I always say that I don't have to think so hard.

Did you know? As part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, 25 grams of soy protein per day may reduce the risk of heart disease?

I think adding some soy protein to the diet is worth a try...don't you?

1 comment:

  1. It IS good for you and I love the fact that you are promoting SOY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete